Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Strength of Schedule

We all know what happened to Auburn a few years ago when they went 12-0 in the “mighty” SEC.

If I were doing the scheduling, for GT, for example I would have:
The 8 ACC games, UGA, 1 more BCS game with a lower tier BCS opponent and 2 cupcakes. I would recommend the same for UGA. That way if UGA or GT go undefeated they would most likely play for the NC. I think Florida, Ole Miss, and most of the other teams in the SEC don’t play enough out of conference games to go to the NC game. Auburn, for example, plays WV, 8 SEC games, and 3 cupcakes. That is actually right on the bubble especially considering that one of Auburn’s cup cakes was LaTech a division 1 team. I think it would be better for GT to play the 9 regular BCS games and 3 cup cakes than to play 11 BCS games.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a fact or nonhomer opinion? We want to read it, then.