Monday, May 24, 2010

Jonathan Dwyer 2009 Predictions - All Wrong

Mel Kiper and NFL weekly both had Dwyer has the top back taken in the draft to start the 2009 football season. Dwyer was a Heisman trophy candidate, not Mark Ingram, at the beginning of 2009. Dwyer was preseason first team All-America.

If you want to tell someone they were wrong then please contact Mel Kiper, the Associate Press, NFL Pro Football Weekly, and the Heisman Trophy Foundation. As an undisputed fact, many football experts, ended being wrong in their predictions about Dwyer’s draft order.

Only when Dwyer was a sophomore, I stated that “he is a 9 on a scale of 1 to 10 in talent. Whereas Herschel, Calvin, and Bo were 10s.” I still stand by that statement, when Dwyer was a sophomore. At the end of the summer of 2009, I specifically stated Dwyer had gained weight and looked awful. When I watched the 2009 Vandy game, with my son, I told my Dad that Dwyer looked fat and slow.

If you know of anyone that called Dwyer “average” or “a joke” you may want to call up those people and tell them they were dead wrong because Dwyer ended up rushing for 144 yards and 2 TDs against his team's main rival, was 2009 ACC POY, and was drafted in the 6th round onto an NFL team! Whoever said Jon Dwyer was “average” and “a joke” was dead wrong. Not me, I never stated anything about Dwyer that was incorrect.

As a sophomore I would have taken Dwyer over Moreno, when Moreno was a Redshirt freshman. I would have taken Moreno as a Redshirt sophomore over Dwyer as a Junior. If Dwyer gets himself back into shape he may have a good pro career, so I wouldn’t count him out yet. Or mark Moreno as the clear winner. Dwyer is 1 year younger than Moreno and right now, by my count, the score is 1-1. We will see if Dwyer’s rookie year is as good as Moreno’s rookie year, in the NFL.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have a fact or nonhomer opinion? We want to read it, then.